Battlefield Season 5 introduces plenty of new action to the first-person shooter. Players will find reworked areas, weapons, and gadgets in New Dawn, making for a completely new feel for Dice's game. Veterans of the franchise will find familiar weapons and locations but they may look, sound, or even play differently than they're used to. Whether you're diving back into the shooter or just starting your journey, here are all the new weapons, gadgets, and locations you'll find in Battlefield 2042 Season 5.
All New Weapons in Battlefield 2042 Season 5
There will be several new weapons for you to unlock and find around the map Reclaimed. These include brand new weapons, including Vault Weapons, and upgrades to familiar guns players may be used to handling in the past. The following weapons are new to the game:
- XCE Bar: A high prevision bolt action rifle that features expanded attachment capabilities to accompany its stopping power, allowing you to quickly change its attachment options to handle close, medium, and long-ranged combat.
- GEW-46: A bolt action assault rifle with high stability and short burst fire that is great for medium-ranged fighting.
- BFP.50: The powerful hand cannon got an update for Season 5. It will be all-around more powerful and now includes enhanced sound as players found the compact pistol quite fun to use.
Vault Weapons are also being reworked with new attachments and skins for Season 5. The following weapons are available at the start of the season.
Of course, you'll also be able to equip your favorite weapons from previous seasons as well.
All New Gadgets in Battlefield 2042 Season 5
Players will find several new gadgets in Season 5: New Dawn. All three are grenades that deal explosive damage to players and vehicles.
- Spring Grenade: A smaller explosive that bounces into the air before exploding causing AOE damage to nearby enemies
- Anti-Tank Grenades: Detonate upon impacting with vehicles. Tanks and helicopters included.
- Mini Grenades: They are capable of being thrown further and more quickly than normal grenades. Players don't seem to be all too thrilled with them but as they are brand new to the game, it will take some time to get used to them.
All New Map Locations in Battlefield 2042 Season 5
The new map Reclaimed offers a large amount of land for players to explore, defend, and attack. There are six key areas players will need to protect during matches. All offer unique vantage points and elements that can be used to take advantage of in order to win the fight.
- Flag A1: Train Derailment: Built for medium-ranged infantry and vehicle combat. The first area is a large location with hills and a crashed train that offers plenty of cover and a line of sight for players advancing on their next objective.
- Flag B1: Supply Drop. Designed in a circular layout to engage in close-quarters combat. The location is open to attacks from above as it's entirely outside in the elements. The only thing offering protection from aerial attacks is the surrounding forest but be warned as trees can be destroyed.
- Flag C1: Turbine Hall. This abandoned indoor turbine area is meant for close-range combat. It's designed with an open roof for players to perch on top and fire down below.
- Flag C2: Military Storage - This warehouse is small but that means you'll only be focusing on up close and personal combat. It includes several areas to hide beyond for cover as well.
- Flag D1: Fortified Bunker. This area is smaller than area C2 making it an area designed for extreme close-quarters combat. You'll find longer and narrow hallways and corridors offering little in the way of cover.
- Flag E1: Fuel Silos. The final location includes four large silo towers built in the center of a circular road around them. It's built for vehicle and medium-ranged combat as players can use suspended walkways to reach the silos.
Later on in Season 5 the new reworked map Hourglass will be introduced. It's being reduced in size and scale but the map is being completely redone and will see many areas changed.
To keep track of Battlefield 2042 stats and player leaderboards for Season 5, check out our official Battlefield 2042 tracker.